St. Leonard, MD – A late evening fire in the Long Beach subdivision of St. Leonard Sunday, Jan. 27 caused $300,000 damage to a two-story house, state investigators reported. According to the Maryland State Fire Marshal’s Office, the blaze, which was reported shortly after 10 p.m., displaced a couple and resulted in the death of a cat.
The fire on Holly Circle was sparked by an “electrical event” on a wall assembly near the attached garage, investigators reported. The blaze was discovered by the homeowners, who are now staying with friends. Twenty-four volunteer firefighters battled the blaze, bringing it under control in 15 minutes.
Contact Marty Madden at email@example.com