On May 21, 2019, Machiavelli Tyzhae Savoy, 21, of Lexington Park, was charged via indictment with the following crimes resulting from the March 3, 2019 pursuit, according to a St. Mary’s County Sheriffs Office Press Release.
- Murder Second Degree
- Negligent Manslaughter
- Criminally Negligent Manslaughter
- CDS: Possession with Intent to Distribute
- Firearm/Drug Trafficking Crime
- CDS Distribution-With Firearm
- 2 Counts-Regulated Firearm: Illegal Possession
- Firearm Possession-Felony Conviction
- Possession Firearm/Minor
- Regulated Firearm: Stolen
- Know Alter Firearm ID Number
- Handgun in Vehicle
- Motor Vehicle Theft
- Unauthorized Removal of Motor Vehicle
- Fleeing and Eluding
- Resisting Arrest
On March 9, 2019, Carol Jean Anderson, 87, of Leonardtown, succumbed to the injuries sustained in the motor vehicle collision on March 3, 2019.
Read: “Woman involved in police chase crash dies from injuries” for more information.
“Sheriff Tim Cameron and members of the St. Mary’s County Sheriff’s Office want to express our condolences to the Anderson family and our thoughts are with the family at this difficult time,” according to the St. Mary’s Sheriffs Press Release.
The St. Mary’s County Sheriff’s Office is actively working with the Office of the State’s Attorney regarding additional criminal charges on Machiavelli Tyzhae Savoy.